Friday, June 29, 2007

Thank God its FRIDAY!


HAPPY FRIDAY..
Hey ya! May the good lord bless you with a weekend of fun, joy laughter and peace.
I dont know about ya'll but my weekend will be a nice and quiet one. Not in the mood for sponteniety. It is crazy hot in NY so I will be on a mission to find an air conditioner! My Lord it is SCORCHING HOT! I plan to clean, do laundry and sit back and relax. Sunday I will be praising God ALL DAY before the lovely 4th of July weekend.. I have 5 days off! oooh wheee!

I am sharing this artist Joy Enriquez with ya'll today because she deserves it. There is something so demure and lovely about her (not that I know her) but from listening to her album and browsing her website she definately won me over.
For those who dont know Joy, she is the wife of R n B producer/artist Rodney Jerkins. Joy former R n B singer released an album some years ago and was 12 songs into her second album before God called her to move in a different direction. Now she has a gospel album entitled "Atmosphere of Heaven". This album is not available in stores but I encourage you to get it on her website (go to my favorite links). I am not a fan of R n B gospel or pop sounding songs that merely talk about Jesus howvever, for the young folk Joy gives you something you can listen to in your car, in your room on saturday, in your dorms. This album is not going to have you praising and sweating for hours but it is worth a cap. There are songs for choreography, praise dancing and it is a certain winner amongst youth groups as this is a sound they are familiar with.

Word for the day- "As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world"
John 9:5 (let the glory of the lord shine in and through you, be an example)

Enjoy the track of the day... Keep praising and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!

P:S- I intend to have a grilled jumbo shrimp salad at some point this weekend! I have been craving...

No comments: