Monday, August 20, 2007

Practice what you preach

Hello FOLKS..
I know it has been a rather busy week but I have been so consumed with the surplus activities life is throwing at me lately that I really have not had time for anything but sleep!!!!
That, I would say is a good thing. I really took the Sabbath SERIOUS this past SATURDAY! I RESTED!! I am sure the lord would have been pleased... hehehe.

One of the projects I am working on involves KIDS! Yessss KIDSSSSSS! I mean I felt like a mother of 4 when I was done with rehearsals for the show.
I must say I have some nerve. I asked one of my little darlings in church (she is 6)to memorise Psalms 23 and I got kind of irritated when she couldn't go past one or 2 lines.. There I was thinking you don't work, nor do you have kids or any major problems in life so what are you putting in your brain!!!!
While all those thoughts were going through my head, I thought to myself.. "MISS SAVED AND SANCTIFIED.. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE WHOLE THING YOURSELF, SO HOW DARE YOU SCOLD HER" I held my peace and I was sweet and said "oh try and make sure you learn it by next week" and rubbed her head and hugged her..
Little did she know (how embarrassed I was inside)... I wouldn't even have known if she was free styling so I made it my business to learn it and here it is folks:

"The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want He maketh me to lie down in green pastures,
he leadeth me besides still waters.
He restores my soul. He leads me in the path of righteousness for his names sake.
ye, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
He prepareth a table for me in the presence of mine enemies, he anoints my head with oil.. my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the lord forever and ever. Amen"

That is all me folks.. I shall store that upon the table of my heart!
It took a 6 year old to teach me a lesson in practising what you preach and she doesnt even know! I know this is not the only instance I have tried to get other people to do things that I cant do and look at them like why cant they do it. Instead of coming clean I expose their inabilities inorder to conceal mine. This is deceitful and I ask the lord to forgive me because I need to change that behaviour.
The Lord is good! xxx
Have fun and see you soon.

No comments: