Saturday, February 9, 2008

Character and Integrity


Hey! Today I want to talk about character and integrity and hope I can get you thinking about some of the things we may be doing that might hinder our blessings from God. Character and Integrity are two things our ancestors strived real hard to achieve. I remember those long talks with grandma and grandpa and uncle Paul and aunty Rita when my mother chastised me for something I did wrong and I got salty. They would sit me down and just keeeeeeeeepppppp going. But, I realise now they did this to build up my character, they were trying to teach me how to be a better person and I know now that correction is only love!!
I HAVE DEVELOPED IN CHARACTER BECAUSE OF SOME OF THOSE LONG TALKS.
I found out that in the bible there is so much on character and integrity from reading Psalms,Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and so on.
These scriptures below should give you insight as to why it is so important no matter what circumstance that you do remember that your name is something you have to protect. It should never be soiled or tainted whether it be in you work place, in the streets or as you go about your dailies. Watch what you say and the life you live as you always want to be remebered for having good character and integrity. You want to make a promise and stick to it even when it hurts... sometimes this means breaking the bank.

On Job: (His wife says to him after he lost all he had, including his children)
"Then said his wife to him, shall thou still retain thy integrity" Job 2:9

Ecclesiastes 7:1 "A good name is better than precious ointment"

Proverbs 22:1 "Choose a good reputation over great riches, for being held in high esteem is better than having silver and gold"

Psalms 15
"Who may worship in your sanctuary, lord?
Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?
Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts.
Those who refuse to slander others or harm their neighbours or speak evil of their friends.
Those who despise persistent sinners, and honor faithful followers of the lord and keep their promises even when it hurts.
Those who do not charge interest on the money they lend, and who refuse to accept bribes to testify against the innocent.
Such people will stand firm forever"

There is a whole lot in between on character not included in Psalms 15 for example:

Numbers 12:1 "Miriam and Aaron spoke against moses because he had married a Cushite(Ethiopian) woman...."
They slandered him because he married a black woman... and when you read further God cursed them with leprosy! When you have found favor with God he takes care of the evil doers and the naysayers... Here is the SERIOUSNESS of God!!! I mean, leprosy just because of the words they spoke. Mercy Lord!

My prayer is that we receive, holiness and righteousness as God's gift to us.
SANCTIFICATION: Be holy, for God is Holy. It is to be like Him.

In all we do let us strive to be more christ like in character and maintain integrity..
God bless, SHALOM X

No comments: