Friday, October 12, 2007

Once upon a time!


Hello Saints...
I come in peace wishing you all have a blessed and glorious weekend.
I will be hanging with an old friend of mine coming from overseas.. I love those kind of visits full of old stories, unwrapping gifts and lots of laughter!
So so so.. what have I been doing? I am reading this book called "The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant which tells the story of Dinah, one of Jacob's daughters who was raped in the book of Genesis (chapter 34) by the Canaanite prince. Her brothers avenged her rape by slewing the men in the land of Schechem and taking all their wealth and costly possessions. Just a brief run down... The book is fiction and attempts to tell the story from the female perspective giving characters like Leah, Rachel and Dinah a voice. The writer attempts to convey through story telling and imagination reasons why certain things happen (i.e the reason why Jacob couldn't marry Rachel first and many others) The book is not a translation of the book of genesis but modern fiction of what the women of that time could would and maybe did say!
I am making sure I have my bible as reference though! Interesting read folks..
Scripture of the day:

James 3:8-10 "But no one can tame the tongue, it is a restless evil full of deadly poison. With the tongue we praise our lord and father and with it we curse men who are made in Gods likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing, my brothers this should not be so"

May God bless you as you continue to seek his face...and be careful what you speak the tongue is a treacherous thing...

No comments: